I purchased a pre owned, men's ring, for my husband before Christmas and I called the customer service rep to get more information on this product, such as clarity, availability and over all condition. I was told that all of the products which ZALES ships out, whether they are pre owned or new, are looked over, checked, shined and then submitted.

When I received my order, I was disappointed by the condition it was in. The ring had markings, all around the side and bottom of the ring. I hope the diamonds don't fall off the ring, knowing the condition they shipped it in. I had to spend the additional time to drive to the nearest Zales store and submit this issue in person.

I presented the product to the sales person, and she could not believe the condition and why they would send it out even though it is a pre owned product. She did me a favor by sending the ring out to have it cleaned and polished. I asked if there is a warranty which I can buy, and the sales person responded with a "No", because it was pre owned. So I am basically stuck with it unless I want to return it and get my money back.

Although this product does have a 100 day return policy and I hope they will not try to keep my money and the product. Very Dissatisfied with ZALES

Review about: Zales Ring.

Comments

What made you think it had a warranty if you didn't get any paper work and you were not told there was a warranty and you didn't buy a warranty???? If you were s_t_u_p_I_d enough to turn down the warranty you got what you deserved.

I'm glad they enforce thirty rules. As for buying a pre owned item. It's PREOWNED. AS IS.

you need to assume some responsibility for your own decisions. Grow up.

Red Jacket, West Virginia, United States #241536

We too bought a wedding set from the Zales Corporate Store in Irving, TX. Only to find out later when the large center diamond fell out that any merchandise sold from the Corporate Store has no warranty.

I was told we should have been made aware of that when we purchased the set. My response was "If we had known it didn't come with a warranty, we wouldn't have bought it in the first place." I recently spent $245 on more repairs to the set and I wrote every executive at the Corporate location with my story. I received a call today explaining they couldn't do anything about the warranty situation but they would reimburse me with a $250 gift card good towards a purchase or services and the card has no expiration date. I'm a believer in letting merchants know of my dissapointment in their goods and/or services.

We are a paying customer.

It doesn't help to express the disappointment to the retail store manager...go directly to the top. You may not always get compensated, but it does help the mood/attitude to get your feelings, disappointment and frustrations down in black & white