Sioux Falls, South Dakota
11.7K views 28 comments

I was surprised when I traded up for a 3cwt ring; Zales put my 2 cwt ring right back in the case for resale, without sending to a jeweler for cleaning, to check prongs, etc. I had worn for about 6 mos, and makes me wonder "where the 3 cwt ring I now had, had been??" I would think that the "pre-owned" jewelery should be marked and advertised as such, in stead of one assuming that the jewelery in the cases is actually brand new and never worn before. Take a look in the cases...dull and used looking.

Related: Very Dissatisfied in Zales

Review about: 3 Cwt Ring.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Zales Ring
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Zales?

Comments

Sweety all of my jewelry and my answer jewelry is brand new. Don't let one dumb employee ruin zales good name. I trust zales quicker then any other place.

josh
Clearwater, Florida, United States #863472

I just got an engagement ring from Zales and when I got home I noticed a dark looking spec in the center stone.it looks like *** now that I noticed it.turn it to the side and I can see a few specs.

I guess thats why Jared is twice as much there diamond was spec free.Idk what to do now

Madison

Seriously, no one buys back the Zales octillion diamond.If you have a solitaire octillion Zales diamond (mine is 2 ct in platinum) and need to sell it for any reason, no reputable jeweler will touch it, so you're *** out of luck.

Plus if you price an engagement ring at another jeweler that's priced $15K to $20K (or more) they are not selling you the junk SI diamonds that passes at Zales.Do your homework - go to your local jewelers and forget the Zales, Kays, and Jareds (aka fastfood jewelers) of the world.

Diamond girl
Denver, Colorado, United States #789825

How does the upgrade policy work with preowned jewelry that's purchased at Zales for instance I bought a bridal collection pre owned ring for 1, 125.00 but now wanna upgrade double will zales honor pre owned upgrade?

Amber27
to Diamond girl #1039936

Joey

I have bought numerouse amounts of jewelry at Zales and have never, ever had any issues. Love Zales.

DVVS1

If you had the ring for only six months and then went to trade it in what probably happened was either: they didn't officially do the trade up they might have just returned/exchanged the ring because you have to spend double the money when you trade up and going from a 2ct to a 3ct is not really trading up unless it was in fact a solitaire. And doing the exchange is easier to do than to do the trade up and if in fact the ring you upgraded to was NOT double the value then they must have in fact just exchanged it to accommodate unhappy customers so they wont come online to complain about this! But obviously it didn't work now did it!

Gabriela

I'm sorry hon' but you must be mistaken.All tradeups r sent back to corporate.

I assure you that all the merchandise in our cases are new pieces. Only the preowned case, which is accordingly labeled so, has "used pieces." And even then they worked on to be good as new. If what u say really did happen, don't let one dishonest employee keep you from coming back to see us.

We will gladly try to address any issues you have, for we value all of our guests.Thank u!

Gabriela

I'm sorry hon' but you must be mistaken.All tradeups r sent back to corporate.

Miss Ellie

Zales doesn't suck - they ROCK! you are probably angry because you couldn't get away with trying to rip someone off!