My mom has been asking for a customized birth stone ring that represents her children and her one grandchild, for quite some time now.I decided her birthday would be appropriate and I figured I'd order it from an actual jewelry store as opposed to some site like etsy or wherever else.

This made the most sense to me because I knew it would be delivered in a timely manner and with great quality. I order her ring from Zales around mother's day and I got it for a good deal regardless of it only being sterling silver. I had our names engraved and everything, I was so excited for it to come in and show my mom. This was especially important because she never likes anything we give her.

It took approximately four weeks for it to come in (understandable since it is a customized piece). I was vastly disappointed when I opened the cheap box and saw her ring....Rusted. Not all of it was orange, but the part around the stones was orange and very visible. I was so disappointed, I almost cried, because her birthday was only a couple of days away.

I called Zales and they said the only thing they could do is have me return it and send another but it was way too late, her birthday would have passed by then and by the time I got the new ring it just wouldn't be the same and who's to say it wouldn't show up tarnished as well? Not only that, the stones were loose on the ring and the names were barely legible. How sad that a place who talks themselves up so much could deliver such a crappy product. Pathetic.

I showed her the ring and she decided she'd try to clean it up herself because she didn't want to have to wait any longer for it. I called Zales again to let them know and all they could do was say "next time you shop with us we can help you out since you don't want to return it" AS IF I WOULD SHOP WITH THEM AGAIN?!

The point is, it shouldn't have shown up in poor shape to begin with!Over $100 down the drain.

Review about: Customized Birth Stone Ring.

I didn't like: Showed up rusty and loose stones.

1.8
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Zales Ring
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $119
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Zales?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion