1.9

I was at the Zales store at the Round Rock Texas outlet mall 4/20/17, I picked out a beautiful ring on a display clearly marked $1099.I know was a major splurge.

The clerk let me try it on , said it could be sized...and could get a bit more off and be out the door for $ 1079.I want it, proceed to entering my info, credit card, etc, then she and the other female clerk take the display finger stand with price out of the case, I laugh saying that's right it is mine now, then they say sorry that's a mistake, can let me have it for $2499. I said no, legally you must sell it for the price marked in the case, They both said THEY KNOW THAT, but then said they could not sell it to me at the legally protected price cause the COMPUTER WOULD NOT LET THEM!!!! I said you are kidding, they say that the computer will not let them ring it up at the price they agreed to sell it for and that it was marked, sorry!!!!! My friend got me to leave pointing out that they were probably afraid to get fired for following the law.

Levian Tanzanite ring, they later said was originally $6000, which we all know is for the ignorant to believe. Not only will I never shop there, I dare say neither will my family or some of my friends and so you are losing more that you refused to sell me that ring for. Zales needs to step up and honor the price the ring was marked on its display.

Made a complaint to Zales corporate-corporate who verified my story, gave me a case number, talked to the store in question, and what it boiled down to is, too bad, we WILL NOT HONOR the price the ring was posted on and will not do anything to make it right.Don't care if legally they have to, not comment on legalities, big surprise.

Review about: Zales Ring.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Staff at the store were very nice, Store staff seemed sorry even while refusing to honor price.

I didn't like: Being told too bad even though they knew legaly i was right.

Had an Experience with Zales?

Comments